Tri-County Technical Center
Commercial Truck Driving Instructor
Job description and expectations:
Qualifications to become certified as a Maine Driving Instructor
- Be over 22 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or the equivalent
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s license
- Have a minimum of 6 years driving experience as a licensed CDL operator
- Have no convictions for moving criminal traffic offenses within past 6 years,
- Have not been suspended or had a license revocation within the last 6 years,
- Have no Class A, B or C conviction within the past 10 years
Candidate must be:
- Able to become certified with the State of Maine BMV-Driver Ed as a Class A Instructor for classroom & behind-the-wheel instruction training of high school students
- Able to become certified with the Maine Dept. of Education (DOE) as a CTE Instructor (teacher) through the CTE Certification pathway, and maintain state certification.
- Willing to instruct and observe students during lab, shop and range activities to ensure the safety and responsibility of high school students
- Willing to instruct and observe and ensure appropriate behavior and responsibility and use of equipment by high school students at all times.
- Professional public representation of TCTC- and the CTD Program at all times- with students, and the general public
- Range training/practice –instruct students in their maneuvering tasks, encourage best-safe practices for maneuvering, positioning of a commercial vehicle
- On the road training/practice- follow safe rules of the road at all times; instruct student(s) moment by moment for best-safe practices in operating a commercial vehicle on public ways.
If you are interested in the above position, please send a signed letter of interest to:
Attn: Superintendent Kevin Jordan
175 Fern Road
Dexter, ME 04930