MSAD #46 District Goals for Teaching and Learning
- develop strategies to create learning environments that promote learner agency and monitor for the effectiveness of those strategies
- develop and/or use strategies, and implement practices that promote student-centered learning and monitor for the effectiveness of those strategies and practices
- integrate student voice and choice into their academic programming, monitor student engagement, and monitor for the effectiveness of those practices
- integrate health and well-being into the school’s ongoing activities, professional development, curriculum, and assessment practices.
- create a culture that supports and reinforces the health and well-being of each student.
- understand and make curricular, instructional, and school improvement decisions based on child and adolescent development and student performance information.
- welcome and include all families as partners in their children’s education and significant members of the school community.
- ensure our students feel valued, respected, and cared for and are motivated to learn.
- ensure our physical, emotional, academic, and social school climate is safe, friendly, and student-centered.
- develop and/or use strategies to implement effective instructional strategies and practices using the Marzano model, and monitor for the effectiveness of those strategies
- communicate high expectations for all students and monitor for the effectiveness of these strategies
- communicate student learning to students and parents clearly and effectively, and monitor for the effectiveness of these strategies
- develop and/or use strategies for students to track their own progress in meeting learning goals and expectations, and monitor for the effectiveness of these strategies